Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blk
Dec 19, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the hatch on the new Civics is way more of a fastback lookin thing than a practical hatch to me. already was true of the previous gen but it seems even more pronounced now. its like a poor man's 3-series GT

Agreed, the greenhouse looks too high too. I’m not in love with it but I can’t think of a better new option.

I would legit consider a 2019 V60 T6 or whatever the year/trim with the faster power train was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Rusty posted:

I live in the PNW and never drive my car. Sometimes when I think of trading in the GTI for something better I always have to remind myself I drove a total of 2,000 miles this year and my car still looks like it came off the dealer lot.

If you decide to sell it, send me a PM - I'm in the neighborhood.

Can anyone chime in on historic resale value on Golf R vs Civic Type R? I'm eyeballing both the Mk8 and whatever the Civic is when they drop. The car markets are obviously skewed right now and it's anyone's guess, but anecdotes are helpful.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Can anyone speak to what the CTR is like in the snow? Looking at that and a Mk 7.5 Golf R, which I understand to be just Haldex - so I'm not sure how great it is either.

blk fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 14, 2021

blk
Dec 19, 2009
How's the FiST as a road trip car? It looks fun for around town but I'm curious about noise and other comfort in that interior.