Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I like the idea that the Golf, a dull and boring design, is somehow not boring with two doors but boring with four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hill start assist on most cars will activate if the transmission is in first gear before you release the brake but not if the transmission is in neutral before you release the brake. Merits/demerits of leaving the car in neutral aside, this may be why it isn’t engaging.

Get good is the correct answer as well as using the handbrake if you really need to. I don’t know why Dr Lunchables thinks this is not an American thing; in our driving test in the USA we had to do a handbrake assisted acceleration from stop even in an automatic car. Stop on an incline, set the handbrake, foot off the brake, car should not roll back. Accelerate and simultaneously release the handbrake without rolling back. I’m really not sure of the utility since everyone just used automatic cars for the test anyway, but it was there.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you pronounce it "fo" as in "Focus" what the hell

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The GSW isn’t going to be much fun unless you dump money in to it. I like my mildly tuned Alltrack a lot, but I’d like it a lot less if I didn’t have an e39 M5

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ehud posted:

I can't stop looking at this Mazdaspeed 3 that's an hour up the road from me. It's a single owner, unmodified gen 1 with 67k miles.

you could look at it even more if it was sittin in your driveway!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the R3X looks cool but I wouldn't start even thinking about it as a real car you can buy until like... 2028

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Is there actual damage to the panel or just a scratch?

If it's just a scratch, a good touch-up job by a pro will be a roughly ten footer and cost less than a hundred bucks. It'll look OK from distance but will not reflect correctly, won't be blended, etc. A respray of the panel, assuming it's door only, would be better and run probably... $300 at a decent shop, guessing. Depends on the paint.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’ve called out of work because a rare whiskey was available across town.

I’ve dewinterized the fiesta, but have only driven it twice. We got 1/4” snow on Sunday so all the salt trucks were out in force, meaning I’ve gotta wait for a few more hard rains to wash it away.

yeah the alltrack drove in Zero Snow this year despite putting snows on it in November

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

hell yeah

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

fknlo posted:

I still very much like those

I almost bought one new in 2010 but ended up getting a 128i instead because BMW's lease subsidies were outrageous.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Fit is slow as gently caress

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

The tofu delivery livery adds 40hp :colbert:

Edit: Also, can't you just like...replace car engines? If it's too slow, swap it out for something stronger.

Not really.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i've spent the majority of my adult life driving stick in boston and it's fine if you aren't a coward

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

gonna need a few more parts than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Oh no! You’re a fellow FiSTer too right? That’s a drat shame

The good news is that the skeleton is made out of poo poo heap, so it oughta be cheap(ish) to get a new bumper and clips.

Bumper covers and stuff like that are usually where fancy editions do differ from base but it looks like the bumper cover itself is the same, just the rear valence is different