Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

New wheels and tires, feel wayyy better than the old boat anchors on there.
Now I need brakes, mine are ugly and you can see them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012
I bought a Speed6 and am selling my Speed3, am I still allowed in Mazdaspeed hot hatch chat? Also seconding that BK hatches are great, I will definitely miss mine. Excited to do some mods on the 6 though, going to swap my turbo and intercooler over at some point, I'm putting my 3 back to stock engine wise. the 6 has 133k, was garage kept and is stock. For now.

Cat Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 21, 2024

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

opengl posted:

I fully acknowledge I'm boring and old but leave it stock :( they're becoming so rare especially in that condition.

My main issue is k04 is gunna k04, its already consuming some oil through the turbo and I have a CST4 on hand, a mild upgrade that fixes the turbo seal issues. Im not planning on running high boost or anything, very mild tune to smooth out the power band so the power doesn't just fall off at 5.5k, with a more reliable turbo. Also, it needs more tire than the stock 215 on a 3600lb car. My plans consist of bilsteins, nice pads and rotors with steel lines, rear diff brace and the aforementioned turbo and tmic plus the hpfp. Going for an OEM + thing, truly dont want to ruin it.

Cat Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 21, 2024