Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012

Bob A Feet posted:

That being said, its no way to judge the other model ST's that get an awesome touch screen set up that is very sexy. The audio quality itself is very nice, as with the rest of the interior. It, like complaint about the fold down seats, is small potatoes compared to how good the car is.

The nav-equipped version is also annoyingly slow. Other car's computer is much faster and they are the same model year. Very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
You don't really roast the tires on these cars. The extra oomph would be nice because (the ST anyway) is a REAL dog off the line. Something that ups the torque down low would be really helpful. It's literally my only complaint with the car.

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
I just sort of feel like it's really boggy before the turbo spools up. I suppose that's expected with a 2.0. I really don't want it to scream off the line though since it's my wife's DD and she has no interest in pushing the envelope speed-wise while grabbing the groceries at the local Kroger.

EDIT: when I was actually going for good launches I was launching at around 2-2300 rpm.

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for that -- I'm going to send mine to the dealer and have them replace the motor mount. I did a hard shift when I first got the car and had a "what the heck is this mickey mouse crap?" moment when it made that awful noise. I was looking at aftermarket motor mount but if there's already a TSB on it...

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012

bobfather posted:

Definitely schedule a service, but there are people that put their names down in June for the service that have parts back ordered until September.

Ugh that's bad I guess but I suppose I can wait a bit on it. It's not like I'm tearing it up with the car. I just have to shift gingerly. Still I may just get the aftermarket jobbie. The more I think about it the more it bothers me and my wife would never notice (she is the safest driver I know and never ever gets on it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
nice bimmer -- I've never even seen one of those before. I hope it's a good of a performer as it is a looker. I think it's very sharp -- great color choice too.