Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
when is the Fiesta ST supposed to hit the US? I went down to a Ford dealership last month to feed my unhealthy obsession ask about it and the salesman had never even *heard* of the ST model ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Miscellaneous_T posted:

"actually have a Fiesta ST due in any day, actually 2 of them; both molten orange."
I feel like I'm the only person out there who wishes Ford would drop rental-car white on the ST in favor of Blue Candy. :(

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

bobfather posted:

I unplugged my sound symposer and haven't looked back. The cabin is so much quieter now! I found the symposer was coming online no matter what at 1500-2000 RPM, even if my driving was slow and relaxed. I don't need to feel like I'm always driving quickly.
stupid question -- would the 'sport-tuned exhaust' that came on the previous-gen Focus coupes be related to this? I have an '09 that gets noticeably louder, at least in the car, the moment the engine hits 2500RPM and I'm curious if it works in the same way or if it's just an odd coincidence.

Also, what are kidneys going for on the black market nowadays? My Fiesta ST lust hasn't subsided yet and I figure I may as well give into temptation regardless of finances.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
saw my first Fiesta ST in the wild today, at a small-town dealership of all places ( nothing yet at the four dealers in my city ). Probably going to shoot out a few e-mails soon and see how much I'd be putting down to get one ordered ... there's not much within a two or three-hour drive that's not black with a moonroof.

I just want one in Performance Blue with no frills, except maybe the Recaros. :(

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Voltage posted:

Ok, so I'm pretty set on getting a Ford Fiesta. Now do I go for the ST fully loaded with the recaro's for a $270/month lease, or be a cheapie and get the new 1.0L ecoboost hatchback for $160/month?
I feel like if I go test drive an ST, I'll never be able to get the 1L. Is the ST as good as they say it is and worth the extra coin?
seems like an odd cross-shop ... the 3cyl is all but poverty-spec, and the ST is pretty well-trimmed even without the Recaros. I think a 'regular' SE or even a Titanium might be a better compromise.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Voltage posted:

Unfortunately the 3Cyl Turbo only comes on the SE trim with no available options, special order only. The ST I feel as if I would never be able to live with myself if I didn't get those Recaros.
I've driven the normal n/a 1.6L and It's ok but I want a unique and somewhat interesting car - so the 1.0L ecoboost would suit that well. I could hypermile 50+MPG out of it, it's super light, more power than the base 1.6, sounds cool, and has a turbo.

Call me crazy, but I don't really like any other new cars under 35K other than the fiesta - everything is too generic and boring. I would get an FR-S but the interior is terrible and it has way too little power for $25,000, test driven a few and just came out underwhelmed, it just feels empty, like it's missing something. The Fiesta ST seems like an amazingly better value since it actually fits people and cargo.

If I had the cash i'd be in a 3 series again in a heartbeat.
500 Abarth or Turbo? Not quite as practical as the Fiesta, but seems to do quirky in spades.

The Recaros look nice, but I'm not sure they're worth the $2k. Even with the heated mirrors ( why can't I get them separately :arghfist::mad: ).

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

jfreder posted:

Girlfriend picked up her Fiesta ST last week. It is definitely a fun car to drive around although I don't have much experience with any performance oriented cars. Haven't driven stick in ages so it has been fun to relearn. The snow is a bit interesting with the summer tires but we might try to get through this season before making any changes.

that color is gorgeous. :allears:

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I've never understood the obsession with three door hatches.

edit: not making GBS threads on your car at all, it looks great. But the whole thing with anything that comes over is like "WHY DIDN'T THEY BRING THE THREE DOOR???" and I don't even get it. I moved from the 1-Series to the Focus ST in part to get the two extra doors.

small four-seat cars need four doors. It's rough enough for a normal-sized person just to sit back there, but trying to squeeze them through a foot-wide opening first? I'm 5'5" and even I have issues getting into the back of my 2dr Focus.

And I think we can all agree the real crime is the lack of a Focus ST wagon on this side of the pond.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Kill-9 posted:

I don't mind. There's people talking about how cheap the remaining 2013s are on all the Fiat forums. I drove it off for $19600+ttl. MSRP was $28,050(I believe that's as maxed out as they get). Some folks are claiming sub $17k for non-loaded examples. To me that's a pretty good deal for what you get. I looked at Fiesta STs but couldn't get near the options for the same price.
:stare:

you're giving me terrible ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Kill-9 posted:

Do eeeet. :)

Seriously, I'm a big car guy. My other cars are gigantic. But I love this stupid little thing after a couple of weeks of driving it. The cracks and pops from the muffler-less exhaust at WOT make me giggle every time. Don't listen to the 'hurr Fix-It-Again-Tony' haters. It's not your father's Fiat. Yes, it has quirks but nothing annoying. Just test drive one and see what you think.

I do still have my heart set on the Fiesta ST ... but, I could also have a lot of fun in an Abarth. Hell, for the right price I could probably have fun in a 500 Sport considering how little non-city driving I do.

Think I'm gonna be talking to some dealers tomorrow ...