Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My 2013 GTI is about to hit 100k miles, what should I replace it with? Unfortunately they haven’t sold a 2-door GTI in the US since 2016. Maybe I’ll just get a Golf R but the 4-door golf just bores me to tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Can you even get one of those? Also no MT because traffic

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The golf looks better with just 2 doors ok?!?!?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

no lube so what posted:

lmbo

in hatch news, taking the gr corolla to its first autox this weekend :getin:

Post how it goes, I’m getting my GTI ready for auto cross but won’t go until November because of scheduling

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Ok Comboomer posted:

is there any way to generate a nude tein?

A fellow Dampatty fan I see

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Took delivery of my fat Yaris today.

Nice, not too much dealer markup?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The 2024 GR Corolla circuit edition has a bright electric blue as an option. Looks loving nice but for like $50k out the door…this is not what I signed up for getting into hot hatches!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Speaking of CELs my 2013 GTI throws a “cooling system performance” CEL every so often, especially when we have these 70s days into 40s nights and I’m driving home at 6 am. Probably a coolant temp sensor gets something kind of wacky, the heater blows hot and the engine doesn’t overheat so :confused:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Did my 4th autocross even in my 2013 GTI, and the day before did an SCCA starting line school. What a little trooper, I got positive comments on the car from the instructor, saying he was surprised how much speed and grip the car had for being FWD "it almost feels like it has an LSD" (it doesn't)

I'm definitely the limiting factor but so far this ol dog with 100k miles keeps doing what I ask of it. May look into adjustable shocks and a sway bar this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Maaaaybe, though don’t tell anyone I’m thinking about a RWD car once it comes time to replace.