Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Out of boredom tonight I searched online for used Focus STs. Came across a 2016 with 33k miles already :stonk: and noticed the car fax says it was a fleet vehicle. By the looks of the original titling the car was likely owned by ford corporate.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but should people generally stay away from used cars classified as "fleet vehicles"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

How much better is sync 3 over sync 2? I can find good deals on 2015 and earlier ST's, but those models lack CarPlay/android auto.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Kiger_Soze posted:

Drove my FiST to Yosemite over the weekend. Old Priest Grade (reaches 20%)drat near killed my car. Time to start looking for a better radiator. Had to stop halfway and let it cool down. Wasn't fun turning on the heater full blast when its 95° outside.
How new is your fist? This is what worries me about getting a turbo car in a desert, that the cooling system doesn't have enough capacity for dealing with the desert heat.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

angryhampster posted:

I test drove a Focus ST3 thinking I'd really like the Recaros, and they looked cool. I hated them. I'm 6'1" ~200lbs and felt really pinched, especially in my shoulders/ribcage. Wound up driving 60 miles to get an ST1 and love the base model seats. Seems like most dealers want to stock the ST2/3.

I also really like the button/dial setup on the center console on the ST1 compared to the touch screen FWIW.
This is what worries me about getting an ST. I loved how it felt sitting in them, but I couldn't sit flush against the seat, my shoulders seemed to prevent me from doing that. I also had problems getting up out of the seat, but I think I'd figure it out over time.

Also is there any way to make the seating position for shifting on the fiesta feel better? The focus feels great, but the fiesta felt like I was sitting ontop of the shifter instead of aside it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sometimes you just don't want to row the boat.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looking at a 2016 CPO fiesta st. The vehicle history shows the intake manifold gasket was replaced at 13k. Car is at 22k. Not sure if this is a red flag, but it feels like it might be?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm guessing a defect replaced under warranty if it was at a Ford dealer.
That's kind of what I figure. The carfax says it was done at a Ford dealer here in town.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You don’t get CarPlay or android auto on the base focus trim.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm considering picking up a new 2017 FiST. Orange with orange recaros, nav, black wheels (eh). With rebates applied, dealership won't budge from 21.4k OTD, and I'm really not sure if this is a good price, or if I should just cut them loose and keep an eye on the CPO market.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm torn between two FiSTs. One is a CPO 2016, in my preferred Kona Blue with all the options, just under 20k mileage, 19 out the door. The other would be a brand new 2017, orange on orange with everything but a sunroof. The dealer won't come down very far, best I've been able to get them to offer is 21.4 OTD. Blue is my favorite color, but jeez for not even 2500 more I can just get a new one.

Are either of these even remotely decent-ish deals?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

iwentdoodie posted:

Where are you located?

The new one isn't a horrible deal, all things considered, but 20 out the door would be better. But in the end, is it worth 1400 or so to you?
In Las Vegas. The two big advantages to buying new would be a new car, and I suppose that Octane Academy thing. I still don't know if it's worth it, but the responses here show that I should seriously consider walking away if they won't budge any further. Thanks. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Every time I think I'm sold on a FiST, I see these horror stories and it's right back to square one. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sat in a 2019 Veloster today. The interior feels great, but god drat the rear window is small as hell. Feels like I would have to heavily lean on the rear camera due to poor visibility.

*edit*
Hell, almost every hatchback aside from the 500 Abarth and the Fiesta ST/ST Line had that poor rear viz issue.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 24, 2018

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is DCC really worth the extra cost? I've been driving my friend's Golf SE (non GTI), and it's already got a really nice ride as is.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looked at a CPO ‘17 GTI SE tonight. Price was right at 24.5 out the door, but they refused to allow the car off the lot for a PPI. So, moving on. :|

Tried to get a test drive of a Veloster N as well, but the Hyundai dealership wasn’t letting anyone drive it unless they were willing to buy it for almost 40k before TTL. :wtc:

It’s the last car I have yet to drive, but they all refuse because it’s such a “rare sports car.”

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Pre-2016s requires you to source a sync 3 unit, remove the plastic cladding, and swap the two. Not entirely super hard as I hear.

https://youtu.be/yjWmBL23r4U

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's when you tell them you're paying cash then there's no excuse for it at all.
I tried that with another attempt to test an N, and the sales manager told me he’d allow it if I handed over my credit card to him while I was on a test drive with another salesman.

:wtc:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I've got a 2020 Fit with the CVT, it has enough grunt to get out of its own way, and that's plenty fine. 90% of the time with the car you're not gonna be throwing it around twisty roads like you're some sorta Tofu God, you're gonna be stuck in traffic running errands. When you do find time to play though, it's pretty great for a "slow car fast" subcompact hatchback.

The biggest complaint I have is Honda never gave it the newest infotainment system, and the CVT nerfs the wonderful noises coming from the little 1.5L.