Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I love the Audi S1 and am going to test drive one. I just know I wont be able to get over the price, AU$58k drive away is just too much to justify.

detuned golf r motor, awd and NO DSG option sounds like a winner to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Not much excitement here for the Focus RS? I had given up on it being anything but an overpowered FWD car (not that there is anything wrong with that) but was happy to see it is a AWD setup. I have heard conflicting reports about what system it uses though. Early on there were promising signs to it being a rear biased Torsen like setup. This was obviously to good to be true, but I am still not sure what it will come with. Talk of electronic clutch packs and torque vectoring (AKA torque braking) worry me.

It would be amazing to have a Halo AWD wannabe rally car, but only Subaru seem to be doing this.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Does seafoam cean that?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I'm keen on an RS but something crazy is stirring in the back of my head.....

Just how unreliable could I expect a used 2015 Audi S1 to be? Yeah yeah VAG etc but no DSG! I imagine you could tune one to go pretty fast
I know ists smaller (like much smaller) then a focus, but that doesn't really concern me. I just want a fun hot hatch again

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this car is somehow powerfully ugly in a way i can't quite articulate

For me it is like a sleek wagon front half, generic hatch back half, plonked on top of a mini drive train with gigantic overhangs. As if we need confirmation that Subaru are completely and utterley dead.

edit: Actually the front end is loving gross. I agree with you, I cannot articulate how repulsive this is.

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

The BK 3 MPS is such a handsome hatchback. I had a black 08 back in the day and I miss it a lot. I'd be happy to keep one unmodded even.