Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I didn't realize there was a more specialized thread for me. That's how much of a Golf noob I am. I can't upload images right now, but in December, I drove my car (Series.White WRX) in front of a rapidly moving other car and a week later I ended up with a Golf R off the showroom floor. I only learned this weekend after 5 minutes of trying to figure out how to drive the gas cover that it locks when the doors lock.

E: the R is white and also has RallyArmor mud flaps and bronze wheels like the WRX did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

thank you for moving in a more sensible direction. R is def a less judgemental car then a wrx and far less ticketed.

crossing fingers for you if that holds up the problem though maybe just replace the sensors they aint that expensive and if it got crudded up somehow might not hurt to just swap it

Times I was pulled over in that WRX in 4 years: 0
Times I was pulled over in the R in 2 months: 1
Times ticketed over both those times: 0

The R is more likely to get me a ticket based on how I've been driving it.

In the spring I'll probably go APR+ Stage 1 ECU/TCU. I'm sure that will help the situation.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Ehud posted:

welp, glad I didn’t buy the one from yesterday

77k miles
owned by an older dude who never modded it

Picking it up next Saturday

Excellent color.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I don't have any context for how long it has taken you to put on 5k miles, but my car that has 25 miles on December 12th is about to pass 10k miles right around the 4 month of ownership mark.