Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

AnimalChin posted:

I skip gears all the time in my GTI. It's just too much fun going from 0-60 (1st > 2nd > 6th for cruise at speed limits)

Is this bad? My car even tells me to skip gears (3>5) sometimes.

I skip second to sixth all the time and my car is fine and therefore it will always be fine. Just do what you want bros. Its a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

PaintVagrant posted:

Are the ST clutches pretty light? A nice feathery light clutch sounds good, but not at the sacrifice of a clean bite point. I have literally never stalled my civic since I upgraded the hydraulics.

IMO they are pretty heavy. I drove my brothers FiST and my FoST both have a spring in there. Some people (ITT included) hate it and have pulled it out with good result. I don't mind it.

jfreder posted:

We wish we would have gotten the Focus. At the time, the Focus was barely anymore money and any handling or dynamics benefit the Fiesta has over the Focus is not apparent during the normal commute. We mostly miss the benefit of having more space.

I was the same way but opposite. I have the Focus. I had a Honda Fit before which had a much more utilitarian rear hatch area and was able to fit both wider and taller stuff. The Focus has more room than the Fiesta-- but don't buy it thinking you are getting good useful room. You can carry more suitcases than your Fiesta counterpart but not much more.

My brother's FiST, fully loaded, whatever the ST3 equivalent was, was still a few thousand less than my ST1 FoST. That being said I bought mine when they were in pretty high demand in the beginning of 2013, but still.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

fyodor posted:

Thanks! Having never owned anything with more than 115hp im sure i'll be in a ditch in no time!

Enjoy your torque steer and speeding tickets!

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
I just wait til oil pressure is down and temp is off the peg to start doing anything requiring a lot of boost. But I do warm my car up in the winter months. Mostly just so I have heat though.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Yeah. I've owned one car before and sold it at $30k miles. When do I replace things like brake pads and clutch? When I notice they just suck more? My FoST is rolling rock steady at like 43k miles. It's the best "accelerate as fast as I can to the speed limit" mobile.