Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
The internet is definitely mad about it having an AMG badge but it's nice to have a 305hp AWD car that I can fit a 12 foot skeleton in.

After a month or so of being shocked at market prices for 2-3 year old Golf R's in Canada I decided to spend less on this gently depreciated A35 hatch, so far really enjoying it. Now I just wait for the head to blow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

im only mad i cant get one

A few American friends have expressed a similar sentiment. Sad that even up here the hatch is dead as of MY 2022 and we won't get the facelift.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Baby's first gross drive into work. The AWD isn't quite as fun and "steer with your right foot" as the torsen based one in my A4 was but it's still very fun. The weather this morning definitely validated my passing on getting a new GTI in favour of this.

Side note: Anyone here who lives somewhere where actual snow happens enough to warrant dedicated winter tires, this is my second set of Kumho Wintercraft WP72's and I can't recommend them enough. So cheap, so predictable in the snow and come in all sorts of weird sizes. I put around 30k km on the set I had on the A4 and they still looked new.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Well the A35 is in the hands of the dealer as they address my beautiful hand-written list of complaints. While I'm pretty horrified at the amount of little things going wrong with the car I can't really complain about the service, dealership is 150km away and includes a $50 bridge toll, so they sent a valet to pick up my car and left me with a loaner for however long it takes.

I'm gonna be the rudest lady at the starbucks drive-thru in this thing. The proportions remind me of one of my old '98 Forrester.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
When I picked up the A35 the former owner's Mercedes me account was still logged in so I took note of his name. Noticed he had posted on some A35 facebook groups so I at least know that my car got a brand new head at 25k km. From what I've read they had revised part numbers for the replacements and no reports of failures with the new ones so that's one thing to stress less about inevitably leaving me stranded.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Midjack posted:

I am glad to hear that you received fresh head from your car's previous owner.

We don’t abide stale head in this house.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
Ceramic coat + light rain + overnight freezing temps = free vortex generators

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
What if we kissed in the Walmart parking lot?

I gotta say, if used ST's around me weren't all dripping vape juice or rode hard put away wet I would be very termpted. Very rare Ford styling win, just a handsome little car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
I've put 4k km on since I bought the A35, so right on track for 15k miles a year. That said, the first couple months of a fun new car you tend to drive a bit more so it'll probably settle down to about 10-12k km.

The absolute annihilation the value of my A4 took due to mileage has me being more stressed about depreciating this into the ground with high kms.