Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Phone posted:

And has a torsion beam rear suspension which completely ruins the handling. If only it had the multi-link rear that's in the Focus and NC Miata. :qq:

But Clarkson thinks it's the best car he's driven in years. :qq:

edit

I'm definitely getting a Focus, or Fiesta, ST at some point after I graduate next year. I need a car that is less than twenty feet long.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

sadnessboner posted:

Consensus across every single review I can find is that the Fiesta ST is the best in the sector right now. In the EVO group test of the 208 GTI, Clio RS, Fiesta ST, Nismo Juke and (the far more expensive) JCW Mini, the Fiesta took the crown. Despite being slowest in a straight line, it lapped their test course fastest of all; while being described as the most fun/playful chassis of the group. I don't think the handling is an issue.

mafoose posted:

My friend with the regular 1.6 Fiesta just put the $250 Ford Racing suspension on the car (new struts and springs) and it is an absolute riot to drive!
And it isn't bad on these terrible AZ roads.

Still has quite a bit of roll, it could use bigger sways probably.

Awesome, thank you both. I've got enough cars that go fast in a straight line, want something that is fun on a track with turns and I've already owned a Miata.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Sepist posted:

If you own an ST, make sure you tell whoever services your car that you need to pull the metal ring up on the shifter to get into reverse, the guys I just used to get my windows tinted completely destroyed my reverse lock out clip.

Hasn't this been a fairly common thing with manuals for a while now? How the gently caress did a shop not get that?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Sepist posted:

They even turned off my auto-headlights thinking that would let them put it in reverse :v: Honestly they should've just called, between snapping the lockout and them lying to me about it, it sucked. I hope they appreciate the bad reviews on yelp/google places I leave.

Did they not reimburse you? Was this at a chain, or just a local single location shop?

Sappo569 posted:

Normal people would try looking for the lockout, not find it and try pushing down, then try maybe edging it into reverse ... failing that ask the customer

And shops have insurance to cover this kind of stuff. It's not like they wrecked an F40.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 6, 2013

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Sepist posted:

Single location shop. No the owner was the one I spoke to and he blew it off and wouldn't take responsibility

How frustrating. You'd probably win in court, but the time it would take is hardly worth it I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

echobucket posted:

Going to pick this up tonight. (sorry about the crappy cell phone picture)

Fiesta ST by jdorseydesign, on Flickr
I'm super excited. Since this is the first fast car I've ever owned, any tips? Other than not getting speeding tickets?

Awesome. I want impressions. Really hoping to get one of these around this time next year.