Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I always wanted to visit San Diego, but never got a chance. I'm not rich enough to live there without being in a lovely situation.
I was born up north in Paradise and lived in Oroville until 3rd grade. The land is beautiful over there but most of Butte County doesn't live up to its potential. The last time I was there, it was economically depressed and methed out. This was in 2001. My family was part of the mass exodus in the mid-90s that brought us to Idaho, but most of my extended family stayed. I have always wished they could sort their poo poo out because it could be a nice place to live. Chico is okay I suppose. I don't think there's any place worth anything on I-5 until you get to Oregon.
Inequality is absolutely a major problem for the entire state. A perfect example is the stark contrast between Palo Alto and East Palo Alto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Lycus posted:

I was just at jury service this morning and a video we watched started with "California, the greatest state in the union." I smiled and thought of this thread. There were also several scenes with the waving bear flag overlaid on them. Does every state have videos like this needlessly filled with cheesy state-patriotism?

I haven't seen one in Idaho, but usually any promotional video for our state is a solitary old guy fly-fishing.

• Locked thread