Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

How many of those were UCI kids? It's like a blue bubble in what would otherwise be a red-leaning city.

Woah which UCI did you go to? Maybe it's changed over the years but right now it's pretty much a 50/50 red/blue if not dipping into the red (although a lot of it is "my dad told me..."). Irvine and Newport are little islands of super assholes in the rolling sea of assholes that is Orange County.

Irvine is weird. We regularly run homeless people out of town for daring to sully our pristine sidewalks but then we also have the most rigorous and caring animal program I've ever seen or heard of anywhere. (The answer is of course that animals are cute and homeless people are not.)

And if we're on the subject of Cali food then I think snow deserves a special mention. Imagine if shaved ice and ice cream had a child, and then sent that child to get the finest education possible. Then one night it shows up back home and tears out both of their hearts to gain their deliciousness and add it to it's own. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

All Of The Dicks posted:

Can someone explain the purpose of San Diego?

Look at this poo poo. Why, yes, I would love some dry ground beef and cilantro on a corn tortilla the size of a quarter. That sounds loving fantastic. Give me a whole plate of them.

I'm not sure why you're blaming SD when that's pretty much what you'll get if you order tacos anywhere in NW Mexico. SD is also the chief exporter of fun people into OC as well so you better step off, friend.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

havalux posted:

My tuition for a full-load semester at Long Beach City College in 1991: $82.50.

Then, Pete Wilson happened.

My tuition for an overloaded semester at Orange Coast in 2011: $42.00

(Of course this is the dirty poors rate :ssh:)

Considering that it's a beeline into a UC it feels kind of like a mousetrap. Hey look I can afford college this isn't so ha- OH GOD WHERE IS MY MONEY. WHERE HAS IT ALL GONE. :gonk:

• Locked thread