Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

predicto posted:

All sorts of stuff. Mostly noodles/dumplings, things like cheung fung, roast pork, dim sum and pineapple buns, claypots, congee. Not gourmet stuff.

My wife won't let me eat duck because ducks are awesome.

I'll eat as many of those necrophiliac rapists as I want :colbert:

How common are places where you can buy a whole roast duck? I only know the San Diego area.

Speaking of, Filner really needs to gtfo already. Two weeks of therapy isn't going to change the fact that he's a misogynist rear end in a top hat.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

teh_Broseph posted:

Yeah, that's where we thought if downtown Sacramento /was/ Davis, it'd be a better balance. COL was our biggest driver for checking out the city though for sure. gently caress cost for the 'cool' parts of CA. Goddamn though, the cost is there 'cause outside those areas where else in the US do you get the atmosphere, jobs available, and the weather? No wonder you gotta pay out the rear end. Between making more in a couple years, VR headsets being out, and the option to go outside any week of the year, I'm totally cool with paying twice as much for half as much square footage. After living in the Midwest, the more I visit other areas the more I give props to non-Chicago places like Des Moines and Minneapolis for having a surprising amount of awesome stuff. The big downside though is half the year you don't wanna do poo poo cause it's -10 outside (before wind chill)! Where else does it stay warm? Florida, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and uh...yeah, about that.. Columbus should've landed in Florida, checked out up to Tennessee, started exploring west, looked north again then said "Ya know what? It's -10 above here. That's it, people weren't made to live below zero, here's some sheepskin wraps if you need 'em but we're done with loving for now, go back to the beach."

Spain took all the nice warm places, it was England and France that decided to colonize the places with lovely cold winters.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Virtue posted:

Can someone help me figure out how to get to the San Diego safari park without a car from the gaslamp district? I must be missing something because the best I found so far is taking two different trains: one up the coast and one inland.

Nope, without a car you're pretty hosed. Welcome to San Diego

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I think it's a guess because lack of maintenance on power lines and/or power lines downed by strong winds is a common cause of fires here in SoCal

We did have some pretty strong gusts in the days preceding the fires

• Locked thread