Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
What's the status on the possibility of UHC in Cali? I heard that its proponents went oddly silent the moment the D supermajority came into power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

All Of The Dicks posted:

I refuse to believe that. I truly believe that a train track can survive without maintenance long enough to get drunk people home on Saturday night.

It's a good thing you're an experienced transit engineer, then, otherwise holding an opinion on something you know nothing about would be really stupid

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

All Of The Dicks posted:

Indeed, verily it is obvious that it is only the recommendations of experienced transit engineers that require that the train shut down at precisely 12:29am every day including Saturday.

Actually yes, I guarantee you there IS a reason that the train shuts down at that time. It has been given to you in the thread - the staffing would become too expensive. Do you expect other people to work longer hours for less pay for your convenience? What you're essentially saying is you'll support the union as long as they acquiesce to the demands of the legislature. If you want a BART service past 12:30 maybe you should be doing some lobbying for more money to go into public transportation, because the fault lies entirely with the legislature who will not approve more money to run the service for longer.

All Of The Dicks posted:

However, this is irrelevant. I do not care what the reasons are, because my being an experienced transit engineer would not alter my ability to be home in my bed rather than sitting in a bus stop at 3 am. Make it happen. I do not care what your excuses are. Oh, you want my support? gently caress you.

"I'm a petulant child who has ignored the reasons he has been given that are entirely out of the union's control as to why public transport is poo poo, let me stamp my feet and whine that the union should DO SOMETHING about it, all glory to neoliberalism."

• Locked thread