Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Burrito. Truly the symbol of California and the West and cause of internal tension leading to a civil war. Flour tortillas are fine. Fries in burritos? I am down with it if it's tasty. Crispy fish tacos are awesome. Though that portion is weak. I get more from the midwest in Ohio from the Mexican places though I doubt it's as good. Hell even the Chipotles here serve twice as much than the one in New York. Let's get some chicken tandoor and bismati rice and/or chicken biryani in that bitch too with cucumber yogurt raita. Go whole hog Tex-Mex-Paki.

I've only been to the west coast and California once as a child and really want to visit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FRINGE posted:

Also - its going to get worse before/if it gets better.

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...ustrial_complex

Is it just me, but does something like this not sound like slavery? Don't prisoners also do some kind of work as well for no cost/low cost? Especially in areas with (I don't have a source, just anecdotal info) higher rates of incarceration or stricter sentencing for African Americans...I don't know how or why it's possible.

EDIT: I guess I should have looked a little higher at Fringe's post.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So we basically have slavery, prisoners convicted of a crime, and a legal statement (I'm assuming that's what that is) allowing it, in 2013. In America, bastion of FREEDOM. I think my mind is blown at this realization.

VV Man, I must have been high as gently caress when studying the constitution and glossing over that statement.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 1, 2013

• Locked thread