Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ron Jeremy posted:

I don't get why Chipotle is a thing here. It's ok I guess? But i know a half dozen taquerias in a mile radius that have better food than chipotle.

I suppose if I were traveling in Ames Iowa or something I could go to a chipotle. But anywhere here in Gods favored state? Or really any part of the country that used to be Mexico?

Because a lot of people honest to god believe that their 12" taco bowl of solid meat and cheese from Chipotle is healthy because they market use of "naturally grown" (:rolleyes:) meat/veggies. At least among the people I know who go there, it seems to have very much engendered a sort of Subway vibe where ating there is considered healthy, regardless of what you're actually stuffing your face with.

It may also just be a familiarity thing, I also have friends who constantly want to get La Victoria's even though there are roughly a billion taquerias around us with better, cheaper food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

RandomPauI posted:

Charges would probably be placed on So-Cal Edison. So a civil fine.

Wait So-Cal Edison was at fault for the Thomas fire? Are you kidding me? We have two major fires this year both caused by the largest electric and gas companies in the state?

I am finding myself more and more in favor of that crazy "nationalize all the power & gas companies and figure out the rest later" proposition by the second.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FRINGE posted:

"Nationalize it" is not crazy.

I don't think nationalizing is crazy in general, but the prop itself that was being floated had no real details, budgeting, or plan of action. It was just "Nationalize all the private utility companies in California and uh... figure it out as we go I guess. Also it would authorize California to issue a bond that would in no way even begin to cover the costs of buying and merging several multi-billion dollar public companies into a state entity."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I used to live in Castaic right at the southern base of the Grapevine, and any time it snowed up there and forced a closure it completely paralyzed the entire valley. It was bad enough that my family really would walk several miles to the grocoery store - uphill - and then back like some kind of angry old man story because it was still quicker than fighting the resulting gridlock.

Good times.

• Locked thread