Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
Can someone explain to me the allure of living in a trailer out in the California desert?

Also, don't set the OC on fire, I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The solution to overstuffed UCs has been to encourage students to attend community colleges for the first two years, then transfer. This led to the community colleges being stuffed, too, and with no extra budget to account for the extra students. This led to foundation courses for popular majors being overbooked for years.

A bright chancellor at one of the SoCal community colleges (I forget which) proposed a solution: raise the prices on the most popular courses to cut down demand. No, seriously. :commissar:

It's weird that my cousin at CSUF says its common to have 100+ student sized General Ed classes. Whereas my its common to have 15-30 student sized classes at my CC for common courses. CC tuition is not even half the CSU tuition.

e;The downside to small classes is if your new to the CC, your registry date is later than others. Therefore your're unlikely to get any classes you want.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'

Hawkgirl posted:

Really? When i lived in Long Beach it seemed well-run. Then again I was using my Orange County, gently caress the poor experience to judge it. Care to elaborate?

There's a hospital in the center of LB, if you ever go to. Look out the window at all the urban sprawl/terrible city planning. There are nice neighborhoods and up-scale apartments(in odd places) that will look like orange county. In a low-income neighborhood, the streets are smaller and it'll look like someone tried to stuff as many homes/people as possible in the area. Those streets also suck to drive through when schools start/close.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread