Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Doctor Malaver posted:

OK we are in San Diego now. Can't say I love the place, but it's interesting and I like the people. :) How's this for a plan?

Saturday morning we drive to Anza-Borrego, take a walk there, afterwards go to LA to spend the night at my friend's. Optionally, Joshua Tree instead of A-B but A-B is closer and they look similar on pictures.

Sunday we drive to either Sequoia park or Death Valley and spend the night somewhere there. Monday we drive to either Zion or Grand Canyon. I'm pushing for Zion but gf is being indoctrinated by colleagues from work (also foreigners) that GC is a must-see. Two nights at either of those places.

Drive back to Las Vegas, two nights there and a flight to San Diego on Friday morning - flight back to Europe is Friday afternoon.

I don't like the long drive on Monday... I guess another option would be to fly from LA to Vegas and sacrifice Sequoia park / Death Valley for some comfort and an extra day on the later part of the trip.
Zion is so much nicer than the Grand Canyon. I don't get why people can't see that. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

nm posted:

VV south of Bear Valley and west of 15 is under mandatory evacuation. That's a lot of loving people.

When I checked last night it was up to 82,000 people but I haven't seen a new number yet today.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Virtue posted:

Can someone help me figure out how to get to the San Diego safari park without a car from the gaslamp district? I must be missing something because the best I found so far is taking two different trains: one up the coast and one inland.

You could take the Coaster to Oceanside, then the Sprinter to the Escondido Transit Center, then the 371 to the park. But the 371 is a Flex bus that only runs a limited schedule M-F. But that's a lot of time to waste.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Do that. NCTD is garbage within Oceanside and Vista, so I can only imagine the headache it would be going towards Ramona. :barf:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Del Mar has their horse racing season start on July 19th. I go a few times every season since they have some concerts after the last races on Friday and Saturdays that cost as low as the general admission ticket of $6. This year they have Ludacris and Steve Aoki as the two biggest names doing concerts.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

When/if people see stuff online about how bad traffic is out here, do people think it's an exaggeration?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

FreshFeesh posted:

Pray for me – I'm leaving the coast to spend all weekend in Modesto with the in-laws. I can at least hope the heat will render me unconscious until it's time to come home.

goondolances.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I purposely arrived late to school to miss that.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Just waiting for our turn on the fire wheel down here in San Diego. Any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Turns out today was our turn!

• Locked thread