Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, doesn't Basketfield especially have a lot of families with history from that migration?

I had a roommate from Bakersfield while in college. They literally still use the word "Okie" there.As a pejorative. With no hint of irony.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Ardennes posted:

Eh, I wouldn't take either. You probably don't need more than 500 sq feet a person if that but those micro-apartments just go too far.

There is an upside to such a small apartment too however: great incentive to go outside and actually see and experience the city. Still, 1600 is goddamn ridiculous. Maybe at like 1000 or something it might be worth it so you could go out and have a good time with all the money you saved, but at 1600 you're basically paying not take the 30 minute ride out to the Sunset every day, which is a pretty nice neighborhood anyway.

Also, I've lived in Tracy and I wouldn't go back if you gave me a real mansion for 1200/mo. Like the smell of cow poo poo every day no matter where you are?

• Locked thread