Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I use CdC's recommendation of the San Jamar boards with the hooks, they are pretty great and the hook comes in very handy to hang them to dry.

I agree with having the largest that comfortably fits on your counters but also have at least one that is the largest that can fit after removing everything from your counter. I have a generic cheap one I use rarely but has come in extra handy to have that much surface.

deimos fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think you're going to have to get something made outside the US, as far as I know there are not any options for really good knives made in the US at that price point.

Here's my quote from Watanabe blades about 5 years ago:
270mm Gyuto with a single beveled edge $686.00
togidashi included

That's just the blade, no handle. I paid about $200 for a custom handle from Stefan Keller in Hawaii and $60 for the final assembly by Dave Martell. Prices might have changed and of course it's a custom 270mm.

Here are some pictures Dave posted: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/246-Stefan-s-Handle-Gallery?p=92654&viewfull=1#post92654

deimos fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 27, 2017

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Scott808 posted:

This just reeks of bullshit in so many ways.

Overinflated price, but for a limited time you get an AMAZING discount.
Try to imply it's made in Japan by traditional craftsmen; it is not.
"Nakiri meat cleaver" A nakiri is not a meat cleaver.

Also this: https://reviewmeta.com/brand/kamikoto

• Locked thread