Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
I recently had to #6000 the rust spots off my gyutou, so no one is joking about being really anal about drying carbon steel.

That said sharpening every knife in the house may make your roommates slightly edgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Just for reference, when I first got the Togiharu, I cut a leek apart by looking at it mean while holding the knife in my hand. poo poo's real.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Present posted:

3. Also I'm worried about carbon knives cuz they look so gross with that patina/rust. Someone tell me there are no health risks for using that steel to cut food with.

Don't let your knives rust, problem solved (you superstitious weirdo).

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

8" seems fine to me

Size queen.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
I got in and out of Korin for $13.07 last night (they were closing and I had someone to swat my hand).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Honestly the knife thread is less likely to go full hugbox D&D bullshit than opening a whole new thread.

What kind of knives do you use to process a whole hog? Preservation techniques?

• Locked thread