Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nervana
Dec 9, 2010
I am going to be staying in Chicago for a few months so I thought I might buy a new paring knife (and possibly a chefs knife to go with it). What is a good beginner friendly paring knife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

SubG posted:

The only paring knife I haven't retroactively hated since getting a Dojo paring knife is the Dojo paring knife.

That's not a paring knife.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/dojopetty135mm.html

Is it this thing? Also CKTG is good?

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I like this for beginners. You don't really have any preferences to require an expensive one, you won't be adept at sharpening, and you won't have to deal with the dangers of a dull knife. It's not romantic, but they are sharp as hell and you'll never do anything stupid with it, or it will easily break. Should last you a couple years at least, and be really nice at doing what it is supposed to do.

Super cheap AND comes with a sheath! Design is so boring but seems like the smart thing to buy.

• Locked thread