Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damienz
Sep 4, 2012

After reading this thread I realized that my old IKEA knife wasn't enough anymore.

Bought this yesterday, a Satake No Vac (21cm = 8 inches). So far so good, and I've only cut myself twice...

EDIT: Wrong length, corrected.

Damienz fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damienz
Sep 4, 2012

Fo3 posted:

Wait, I read this thread and all the knife chat in the product thread; I can't remember anything like that being suggested.
It is a hilarious knife indeed.

edit: "All knifes from the serie No Vac has an incredibly smart anti-vacuum edge and that makes commodities will release directly from the blade. The knifes are available with handles in plastic and rosewood. A soft blade steel makes it easy to maintain the cutting edge."

Bolding mine, I never really had that much problem with a huge vacuum force sticking food to my knife.

No you're right, nothing similar has been mentioned here. I read a few swedish tests and forum posts where they recommended it at that price range.
The No Vac-thing is just a silly gimmick, seems to do jack poo poo. I'm really satisfied with it so far though, it's tons better than my old one.

Last but not least, they sure as hell didn't go for the classic look. I think mediaphage nailed it:

mediaphage posted:

Like, it's the knife they used in kitchens in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. The knife that Alfred uses to prepare Bruce Wayne's tea in the animated Batman series.

• Locked thread