Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silencekit
May 1, 2014

Can you knife experts recommend me a good chef's knife to get my partner for Christmas? Looking to spend up to $100, including sheathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Those look perfect! Thanks!

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Chemmy posted:

I agree with SubG. What if you printed out a picture of a fancy kitchen knife and said "let's go shopping" for Christmas? You could put it in a nice box, etc.

Option 2 is buy from a place with a generous return policy and do essentially the same thing but with a placeholder knife.

Yep, I think that's the plan! Brilliant. Also, we're doing Christmas with my folks a plane ride away, and this mitigates the bring--knife-through-airport-security problem.

• Locked thread