Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Appl
Feb 4, 2002

where da white womens at?
Here's what I've got, I find the perspective in this picture deceiving on the size but it shows the knives pretty clearly:

From top to bottom those are:

Zanmai - VG-10, 110mm petty

Hiromoto - VG-10 clad, aogami super core - 210mm gyuto (my first nice knife, use it the most for sure)

Masakage - white steel #2 - 270mm sujihiki

Cleaver! I don't know who made it, and I'm not sure what steel it's made out of, but it was like $30 and it destroys chickens.

I got the petty and the slicer from this guy who also sharpens my knives and does a really good job if you live in Toronto: http://knifetoronto.com

I made sure the petty was stainless steel because I use it to cut citrus for drinks all the time and that would wreck any other steel pretty fast. I tend to just go drink the drink instead of washing and drying the knife immediately after making it.

I also have a 1000 grit whetstone but I'm afraid to use it on my knives because I don't know what I'm doing. I plan to practice on crappier old knives that I don't care about, but does anyone have any good videos on how to do it? I went to the group sharpening demo that the knife store guy holds in his store but I'm still nervous about messing up my knives since I haven't had any hands on training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread