Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's hanzo steel, it can never be broken

all the more reason to send it to them

I want to see a video where the blender just explodes and shrapnel hits everything around it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I really think we should remake the knife thread

I'm so tired of people coming in here being like "I don't know what I should get, should I get a Tojiro DP????"

the OP is basically uninformative, lists "Tojiro DP" for like every knife category, I don't know who the hell the poster is.

I'll go ahead and nominate SubG as the most suited person to remake the knife thread. I'll do it if need be.

Kinfolk Jones - check out MAC santokus. they are my absolute favs. my wife is tiny, they are her favorites as well.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

guppy posted:

No one has written a new OP and I don't really consider myself enough of an authority to do it myself, but I took a crack at a proposal for the "I'm just starting out" section. Feel free to use, modify, or discard entirely. Please also fact-check as needed, I do not know much about knife hardness and the like, and despite owning at least three different sharpening systems, I know almost nothing about knife sharpening. All of this is original but I used the current OP as a reference for some of it. It contains a lot of the same information but hopefully has some clearer information for complete newcomers.

this looks pretty good to me

• Locked thread