Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Hey I just thought this thread might get a kick out of this already-successful kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/228096009/doppio-double-sided-kitchen-knife/description

That is a tragically awful idea. I can't wait to see the user injury photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IronClaymore posted:

I made a terrible mistake, I don't hope.

I'm house sitting for my parents, and my dad always taught me about taking care of knives.

As a kid (teenager), I'd often chop up vegetables for him. Not for the main course, no, he'd always do that himself, I just got the salad. That's how proud he is.

And when I moved out, all I wanted, more than anything else, more than money or appliances or baggies of herbs, it was a knife. And, when I moved out, I got it! A gorgeous knife. Good for meat, good for veges. Not more than 16 cm, not less either, and not too heavy. A good general purpose knife. Meat and vegetables just part before it, after a year I haven't even needed to sharpen it yet.

So I'm house sitting for my dad, with his ridiculously sharp knives, each of them the very definition of keen. Oh, more than that, my dad's knives define the meaning on "keen". Sure I can use his, he doesn't mind, what I'm worried about is MINE. And it's at home! With scumbags I wouldn't trust with a bag of poo poo, much less a piece of steel that needs gentle care.

Hey, E/N for a moment. What's a couple of thousand dollars worth? Not just my knife, but actual me-paying-the-rent-and-them-not-paying-me? Just asking, hypothetically.

Are you having a stroke?

• Locked thread