Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

T. J. Eckleburg posted:

I have a $50 gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. I want a good chef's knife. Is this the one I should get? I don't want to spend more than the gift card.
I like 10 inches:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/victorinox-swiss-army-classic-10-inch-chef-39-s-knife/1040113210?Keyword=victorinox+fibrox

If you end up going 8", you can just get this one, it's 20 dollars cheaper than the one with the divots:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/victorinox-swiss-army-classic-8-inch-chef-39-s-knife/1040113258?Keyword=victorinox+fibrox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not sure why you're cutting so hard into avocado pits anyways... is there a movement I'm not aware of? I always thought sliding all the way around with a paring knife was the easiest move.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

good jovi posted:

You cut around, thwack the knife into the pit, twist to remove, and pinch the pit into the trash.
Got it, makes sense now. I always get my fingers dirty scraping all the green out of the skins so I've just been using my fingats but that sounds cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

wooden knife seems bad because it will get grimy and have a lot of friction between wood and food

stubby knife seems totally pointless and you're buying a totally unproven product at best

• Locked thread