Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

OOh, we finally have a LARP thread! I've been playing in a social LARP at the UCI RPG club for about four years now. The game system started off as a modification of the House of the Blooded LARP rules, but has changed a lot over time to cut off the unneeded parts and add some interesting new systems. It's also made to be a GM-less system, which I think makes it great.
The game operates on a kind of shared reality where what is 'true' is defined only by what you can convince people to believe (you can bribe them with game resources to convince them). This makes the game awesome for political backstabbery, and everyone gets a chance to contribute to the setting.

If anyone's interested the latest rules are here.
The document is undergoing some revisions at the moment since we just finished our fourth year long arc, and we usually revise the rules after each year based on what we saw. Also, if there's any Goons around Orange County, you should come join us when we start back up again!

Gameko, I recommend checking local universities and board game conventions for LARPs. While the Con crowd can vary, it's usually a decent experience since the GMs usually spend the time to make a good session. Universities usually have more consistently good players in my experience, but tend to have less in the way of props/GM prep due to being poor students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread