Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This is going to be rad and I salute your intentions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Essa Rios' moonsault brings a tear to my eye. It's just so CLEAN.

Also, pointless fact: Essa Rios, as Aguila, wrestled at WM14 against TAKA when he was only 18 years old. It's a loving great match too, if you've never seen it you should look it up. It's a crazy spotfest but it works.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

If I recall, Taka actually broke his face from that Rumble spot. At least a concussion, if not a dislocation. He was out for a little while after that.

Yeah, I recall it being a REALLY serious (like, almost retired him) concussion.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And in a case of lightning striking twice, not only was Rock/Austin possibly the best WWE match of all time, it was accompanied by possibly the best video package of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

...Oh no. I remember what happened at this show.

Oh no no no no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Taker was actually pretty great starting around 96 or so. He had really good matches against Bret, Shawn, Foley and Austin. You could easily make the argument that he regressed as biker taker, but he had a really solid few years there in the late 90s.

Let's be fair here, working with those guys is hardly swinging a sack of potatoes.

I've never been too high on Taker outside of his Mania matches.

• Locked thread