Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I love that that's not even the only forklift finish in the Attitude Era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I love* that they ran Terri vs. the Kat on three PPVs.

*do not love at all

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Okay my memory on this whole thing is kind of hazy but here's how I remember it going down:

• Linda backs up Foley as commish, or does something else to piss off Vince
• Vince says he wants a divorce, Stephanie is traumatized
• HEEL TURN Stephanie actually loves Vince and also wants Linda out of the picture
• Linda has some sort of breakdown (off camera maybe?)
• Vince puts her in some kind of hospital, there's a scene where he & Trish are wheeling her around in a wheelchair. Now Vince can do whatever he wants without his wife nagging him, hooray!
• DELETED SCENE
• Linda gets her revenge at Mania, triumphantly getting out of the wheelchair and kicking Vince in the nuts

They really, really over-did Feudin' McMahons.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

JGKing posted:

Not over but I'll take this opportunity to announce a medium-length hiatus for about 3-4 weeks. Real life intervening once again.

Thanks for the feedback and support as always guys.

quote:

Raven enters the room and drops a small table onto the pair, before thinking better of it and looking to make an escape. He hijacks a golf buggy and Big Show leaps onto the back, strangling the champ as he drives away. They scoot around a corner and crash into the wall, narrowly missing a cable on the floor. I'm pretty sure I've seen a shoot interview where Raven claims that severing the cable would have knocked out the Astrodome's power, plunging WrestleMania into darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVU_AKOQseo&t=184s

I have a DVD set of Wrestlemanias 16-20 that I pop out from time to time. This match is one of the more memorable for the golf kart nonsense. I think I like the way it ended up more than Raven's original idea. Raven and Big Show traveling all of fifteen feet before he wipes out, and then getting hit by Kane, was hilarious to me.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If it helps, the Kane/Undertaker v. Power Trip tag match is the only bad match in Austin's entire heel run that I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

IIRC the title match ending was due to injury.

Also if you are rating one of the better shows in 2001 that badly when everyone is bumping their asses off, you're heartless.

• Locked thread