Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

What's the latest amount you have to hack for the top 25% Uniques Badge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Qu Appelle posted:

What's the latest amount you have to hack for the top 25% Uniques Badge?
The last number rolling around was 900, but they changed the rules so you only need a hard 600 to get the shiny medal:
https://twitter.com/ingress/status/777130280930906112

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Pentaro posted:

but they changed the rules so you only need a hard 600 to get the shiny medal:

I don't think that's true, they were just saying what the current progress point was. According to agent-stats right now it's at 920.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Pentaro posted:

The last number rolling around was 900, but they changed the rules so you only need a hard 600 to get the shiny medal:
100% wrong; that was just the cutoff at that date and time but that number has since changed and nobody knows what it is. If you really want it you should be shooting for 1-2K.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Welp, disregard that then :downs: Someone in local COMM mentioned the 600 figure and I guess I didn't bother checking, mea culpa. Re-reading the post seems to confirm you guys're right.
Time to break the team's collective heart. :v:

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

I don't think that's true, they were just saying what the current progress point was. According to agent-stats right now it's at 920.

I think agent-stats' numbers are off because it is used by more active players than the general playerbase. When Niantic posted the 600 number, agent-stats was saying the cutoff was at ~720. I bet the number ends up falling as more people crawl over the 300 line right before the end. Either way, 1k is definitely enough.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Pentaro posted:

The latest scanner update is... interesting

code:
FEATURES/FIXES v1.106.1
* Attempting reinit 080483be <main>:
80483be: 8d 4c 24 04 lea 0x4(%esp),%ecx
80483c2: 83 e4 f0 and $0xfffffff0,%esp
80483c5: ff 71 fc pushl 0xfffffffc(%ecx)
80483c8: 55 push %ebp
There's also a quick surprise during Ada's welcoming speech.
I'm way late as usual, butThat code is from a security tutorial and demonstrates creating a stack that's vulnerable to a buffer overflow. For storyline, presumably it was inserted by New Wave Resistance as a way to inject ADA's code into the portal network.

Javid posted:

So how about this thing?

Four layers of that went up between 2:15 and 2:30 PST - just after the 2 PM checkpoint. It was taken out at two of the three corners well before the 7 PM checkpoint, but stayed "up" from server lag long enough to still be scored at 7.
Great work. The spoofers not only ruined it for enlightened, but also the TX resistance agent who got there 5 minutes after the spoofer. Scores are fleeting, but honest players recognize and respect what it takes to throw fields like that.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Wax Dynasty posted:

I think agent-stats' numbers are off because it is used by more active players than the general playerbase. When Niantic posted the 600 number, agent-stats was saying the cutoff was at ~720. I bet the number ends up falling as more people crawl over the 300 line right before the end. Either way, 1k is definitely enough.

How are you getting a cutoff number from agent stats? I looked and it just shows the leaderboard. Are you just scrolling 25% of the way down?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://www.agent-stats.com/global.php

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I've barely played since hitting 16, but somehow I got roped into running 1000 keys a 6 hour drive away.

I was going anyway, but it feels like the most awkward small-time drug deal.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Anyone Enlightened agents heading to New Orleans tomorrow for Via Noir? Our Baton Rouge agents can probably get you some gear. XMPs, Resonators, and possibly some Ultra Strikes. AXAs are short, though.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

It's double AP time and since the cross-faction relations in my town are about as toxic as it gets the local res walked around and put 4 AXA on everything.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

jeef posted:

It's double AP time and since the cross-faction relations in my town are about as toxic as it gets the local res walked around and put 4 AXA on everything.

well you could get a load of U8 and kill the axas leaving the portals alone,

Or use Adas and flip them - although it would give them the AP

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 17, 2016

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

jeef posted:

That's a thing? All sides have (for the most part) been super friendly in my town. A smurf warned me that my guardian was getting close to drying out a couple of weeks ago. I mean it wasn't actually my guardian but I did appreciate the sentiment.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Roar posted:

That's a thing? All sides have (for the most part) been super friendly in my town. A smurf warned me that my guardian was getting close to drying out a couple of weeks ago. I mean it wasn't actually my guardian but I did appreciate the sentiment.

both sides are friendly to each other here in real life meet ups, but savage in game.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

There's not really any salvaging it in my area I don't think. I'm friendly with both but there are some dumb grudges on both sides.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

jeef posted:

A couple of our toads here decided we were cheating so they made blue accounts for the sole purpose of puking bad links everywhere. One of them even deleted their green account first!

Many reports filed, but niantic being as useful as they are, the accounts are still active, and multiplying. A level 1 res account completed training two hours before taking out a toad guardian with an ADA today. It's become a shitshow.

The best part is that they're targeting the only two people who've given enough of a poo poo to organize and run an FS event here since I've been playing, so that's going byebye now. Thanks, assholes!

E: and one of our toads got arrested for attempted murder this week so November is shaping up great all around

Javid fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 18, 2016

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
In my area it's the other way around, we have a smurf that has absolutely no life other than driving around and putting up huge fields. Which would not be a problem if he didn't do it with at least three alt accounts in his pocket, possibly about five. He is literally single-handedly propping up the RES score in my area by blatantly cheating with these accounts we never see on their own and other ENL agents have confirmed by sight don't exist - it's just one guy. We kill their farm, it's back up to 7 and close to 8 in literally hours. We take down his fields, they're back up in hours because he does nothing else except play.

Yes, I'm bitter about it because generally our RES/ENL relations are decent except for this one point - since he's the main scorer for their side they will not give him any poo poo about it. The RES organizers have confronted him a few times and he's just told them to gently caress off, plus he literally thinks it's "collusion" to do stuff like FS. We have a really weird divide between our RES being people who are um... "creatively employed" and our ENL being people who have full-time jobs/kids, and it leads to incredible burnout on our end trying to keep up. Of course, Niantic will do nothing, so ....

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

LegionAreI posted:

In my area it's the other way around, we have a smurf that has absolutely no life other than driving around and putting up huge fields. Which would not be a problem if he didn't do it with at least three alt accounts in his pocket, possibly about five. He is literally single-handedly propping up the RES score in my area by blatantly cheating with these accounts we never see on their own and other ENL agents have confirmed by sight don't exist - it's just one guy. We kill their farm, it's back up to 7 and close to 8 in literally hours. We take down his fields, they're back up in hours because he does nothing else except play.

Yes, I'm bitter about it because generally our RES/ENL relations are decent except for this one point - since he's the main scorer for their side they will not give him any poo poo about it. The RES organizers have confronted him a few times and he's just told them to gently caress off, plus he literally thinks it's "collusion" to do stuff like FS. We have a really weird divide between our RES being people who are um... "creatively employed" and our ENL being people who have full-time jobs/kids, and it leads to incredible burnout on our end trying to keep up. Of course, Niantic will do nothing, so ....

RES in our area had a player like this. 9 accounts: 8 blue 1 green (for flipping if necessary) that lived literally next to a 20 portal park. He didn't even bother hiding his cheating and didn't have nor need a job as far as I can tell. It's really awful to have the only portal cluster within walking distance propped up by a guy that can roll a solo 8 and have the entire thing built, AXA'd and fielded within the span of 45 minutes. I pretty much stopped playing because of it. The hilarious part? He's using the same username(s) to multi account in Pokemon Go too.

:negative:

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

Yep, so let's look the other way on cheating because we're winning

My local ENL do this.

That being said, Chicago was loving fun. Hung out near Trump Tower, bullshitted with cops, and locked down the ENL target portal.

Doesn't matter whether we lost overall, we dumpstered them in Chicago, and it was great.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Oh yeah, anomalies are fun regardless of the outcome. I don't even hang around for the announcements, the afterparty is always a loving zoo anyway so I just bail and get dinner. There was an EXCELLENT pizza place three blocks from my hotel in San Diego...

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

eddiewalker posted:

I've barely played since hitting 16, but somehow I got roped into running 1000 keys a 6 hour drive away.

I was going anyway, but it feels like the most awkward small-time drug deal.
In the grand scheme of things, Ingress is just another MMO but people run around with 8 phones (yes, some do that instead of running multiple accounts on one phone) instead of poopsocking.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Spoofing is a big problem and there has recently been a group of dedicated spoofers reported with all evidence (including showing spoofing on an anomaly recharge room)

We have a local smurf spoofer who seems to be able to travel at exactly the speed google maps says he can, (and even going through blocked roads and private estates)

and then our local farm was hit by Smurfs - and the day we were going to 8roll it back - spoofers rebuilt it for us, -

Strangely enough we spoke to the local smurfs and got them to level a baby by killing it so we could rebuild properly,

And then at our weekly frak session we were about to start and POW a local smurf killed the whole farm (after we had just 8rolled it)
but then he made a mistake - filled the portal with a lvl 8 + 1s then jarvised it - We just filled the other 7 slots with 8s and then frakked till we were full - so all in all thanks to a smurf we got the kit we needed :)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

We had a little fun tonight.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Javid posted:

We had a little fun tonight.

you should be locked up and the key thrown away (enlightened here) :)

BTW this is what we did for CP last night

you can see the planned final one that we couldnt do as there was a blocker we couldn't get down in time

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 12, 2016

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
https://imgur.com/gallery/K5EqM

Idk how to post Imgur links from iOS but gently caress it, Santa Fe (and most of New Mexico tbh) doesn't gently caress around when it comes to Ingress.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shards. Please clap.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

No way I'm getting involved.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Boy I can't wait for THIS global event to entirely bypass the region I play in just like all the others

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
gently caress global shards. They must be behind planning the next anomaly series.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

LegionAreI posted:

gently caress global shards. They must be behind planning the next anomaly series.

The app framework Ingress is built on becomes unsupported in a few months. They've been scrambling to finish v2.0 which will move the game to the same framework as pokeMongo.

There's rumors that anomaly revamps are part of the big update.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

eddiewalker posted:

The app framework Ingress is built on becomes unsupported in a few months. They've been scrambling to finish v2.0 which will move the game to the same framework as pokeMongo.

Scrambled to finish software is the best software. I can hardly wait now!

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
MODNOTE: TAKE THIS KIND OF STUFF TO SA-MART, PLEASE.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 8, 2017

Ghost Slug
Apr 22, 2010
I just got a response for a duplicate that I reported in May 2014.Of course the other portal is long gone, so my removal request was rejected.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

MODNOTE: TAKE THIS KIND OF STUFF TO SA-MART, PLEASE.

Somebody doesn't understand irony

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Somebody doesn't understand irony
That somebody might be you as it honestly just looked like someone spamming for their gear store.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Did he copy/paste one of these spambots that have invaded the game? I'd rate that half a chuckle.

Who in their right mind would give those people a credit card?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

eddiewalker posted:

Did he copy/paste one of these spambots that have invaded the game? I'd rate that half a chuckle.

yes

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

eddiewalker posted:

People who want FREE RESONATORS or whatever I guess.

I don't have spammers in my area but I've definitely seen them in my travels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Faction comms is a flood of them here. Like one every 5 minutes in the 5km view anywhere in town.

I know it's all automated, from cheat farming to spoofed capsule drops, so it doesn't cost them anything to run, but I can't imagine it's lucrative.

• Locked thread