Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I’d worry magnets might attract iron filings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Just never turn it off.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I think it's dry because you specifically chose high strength concrete. Less water = more strength, generally speaking.

e: wait, is 4000 psi actually "high stength concrete". maybe they just call it high strength because, hey, it's concrete, and concrete's pretty strong, right?

ryanrs fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 12, 2024

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

yeah, buy cheaper, weaker concrete OP

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

What kind of steel did you use? Is it going to get some kind of surface finish?

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Meshes get expensive fast at Sendcutsend. Besides the linear cut length, I think each pierce is pretty slow.

I remember measuring my fingers with calipers to determine the maximum grid size I could get away with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

ante posted:

If you can, avoid cuts that don't go all the way through. Then look up Send Cut Send and either use their service, or just get your designs into a format that would work with their service, and you'll be in a good position to adapt to any local company you find.

SendCutSend has MDF in 12mm and 6.35mm (among other thicknesses). Glue 'em together and you have your 3/4" MDF with 1/4" deep slots.

(I am not a woodworker and I don't know how well this would work in practice)

e: or 1/4" MDF on 1/2" baltic birch

ryanrs fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 14, 2024