Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ickna
May 19, 2004

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

So I got my kit and I'll be getting started building the thing tomorrow evening.

Please keep posting updates/timelapse and any problems you run into- I'm very interested in getting one for myself to build next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ickna
May 19, 2004

SomethingLiz posted:

I've got a build log with a couple of gotchas at http://rettgergalactic.com/blog/2014/01/shapeoko-2-review/ you might find helpful.

Those are exactly the kinds of gotchas I was wondering about, thanks!

Once it's put together and calibrated, do you find you have to adjust and tweak things between projects or does it stay pretty well set? Do you feel like it's sturdy enough that the width could be expanded with more maker slide? You mentioned tapping several holes, did it come with a tool or did you have to use your own?