Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Each edition had rules that were based on whatever the most recent game TSR had released, 1st and 2nd were very DnD like, 3rd (which was the first version I played) was similar to Marvel Super Heroes, there was a D20 version, and I think an Alternity version.

The thing that was common to most of them was lots of tables for random character creation, random mutations, random equipment etc.

The earlier editions focused a lot more on exploration and figuring out what things were (there were complex processed of experimenting with items).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'd love to see some characters made using older versions of Gamma World.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Covok posted:

As someone who has never played Gamma World, I am curious why you would like to see this.

The older versions of Gamma World tended to be super random, with huge charts of randomly assigned mutations and equipment. I always find the most entertaining character creation posts to be the ones with a lot of random charts involved.

• Locked thread