Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

So what's the difference between this thread and the other Hackintosh thread? The other thread appears to still be open/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I think most will agree on the dickish movies of tonymac, but at the same time, I feel like for many the tools they provide are the easiest/most-straightforward, and there should be a section on them as part of the OP.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

What's the current status of using a Radeon 7970 with 10.8.4? I've tried looking at the various sites (InsanelyMac, Tonymac, OSX86 etc) and it seems like cornments vary from it being "out of box" supported to requiring a lot of effort. I'm not against either, just curious what you all think.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

So hopefully someone can educate me more on this issue since I've had a hard time finding info, but why is it that it seems like it is easier to use, say, a Radeon 79xx card on an actual Mac Pro vs. a Hackintosh? I know that with the Mac Pro, using a PC 79xx card will result in no screen until the OS fully loads, but otherwise it seems to work done. By comparison on a Hackintosh it seems as if you need to do some type of additional trick or such (such as the sleep trick or enabling the integrated GPU if available) to get the card to work. Seems as if ideally the behavior should typically be the same?

• Locked thread