Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AtomikKrab posted:

So Zombie man just let himself get captured to infiltrate?

Also that S-class just effortlessly mulches the machine gods anyway

Or, in pig gods case, munches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Poor child emperor :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad he has friends his age.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cram School Friends :shobon:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Another new chapter (raws): http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=150

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Is child emperor ok?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
considering the SJ version is pretty close to where we are I kinda wonder if ONE is going to end theirs or just do full split continuities. we're pretty much there as is but it's not really been explicit

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i wouldn't be terribly surprised if out of nowhere we get like a chapter a day for a week and it's the whole rest of the manga

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Brought To You By posted:

Is child emperor ok?

Clearly not

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Translation: https://mangadex.org/chapter/fde1a3f2-7cb2-4803-bec4-501f5b085ce1/1

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

This child emperor dont gently caress around

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

considering the SJ version is pretty close to where we are I kinda wonder if ONE is going to end theirs or just do full split continuities. we're pretty much there as is but it's not really been explicit

The last webcomic hiatus was pretty long. With so much changed in the Monster Association/Garou climax, and the Psychic Sister arc, I really thought ONE would never return to the webcomic, thinking that the two stories had veered too far off.

But then it came back and there has been a pretty decent amount of content coming out. Plus the manga has gone back to following most webcomic chapters pretty closely. I'm sure ONE is in it for the long haul at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish child emperor had spent more time with the only responsible adult he has ever met instead of going off the deep end. but i guess they're both pretty busy.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Bofoi is just mad scientist Saitama. Listens to Child Emperor have his whole mental breakdown and just thinks, "This kids hopped up on goofballs". I fuckin love it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bucswabe posted:

The last webcomic hiatus was pretty long. With so much changed in the Monster Association/Garou climax, and the Psychic Sister arc, I really thought ONE would never return to the webcomic, thinking that the two stories had veered too far off.

But then it came back and there has been a pretty decent amount of content coming out. Plus the manga has gone back to following most webcomic chapters pretty closely. I'm sure ONE is in it for the long haul at this point.

to be clear I hope ONE continues. their artwork has improved a ton since the beginning. I'm sure it helps to work with other artists and see their process and improve your own. plus I really enjoy this story and the growth of a lot of these character have experienced

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

to be clear I hope ONE continues. their artwork has improved a ton since the beginning. I'm sure it helps to work with other artists and see their process and improve your own. plus I really enjoy this story and the growth of a lot of these character have experienced

Yeah

Like, even though ONE's still basically knocking out scribbles the composition and framing is still really strong. It's a contrast to art from, say, a lot of korean webtoons with scrolling canvas vertical space where on a technical level people are drawn much more cleanly but they're still aggressively boring to read because the lack of constraints on their digital canvas, and the knowledge that reading just means scrolling down one or two frames at a time, means there's no pressure to actually improve page composition.

When the guy tossing out actual scribbles has more dynamic art than you, you know you're just letting yourself down.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think child emperor just invented the candy from kirby

Basically he's gonna do this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG3njPLNZco

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
ONE still not done with 2023

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=151

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You'd think with how chromed and cybered up the neo heroes are they could get that guy a couple dental implants

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

guess my question of ONE's commitment to his run is moot. the man is a machine

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

need this translation

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019

Runa posted:

Yeah

Like, even though ONE's still basically knocking out scribbles the composition and framing is still really strong. It's a contrast to art from, say, a lot of korean webtoons with scrolling canvas vertical space where on a technical level people are drawn much more cleanly but they're still aggressively boring to read because the lack of constraints on their digital canvas, and the knowledge that reading just means scrolling down one or two frames at a time, means there's no pressure to actually improve page composition.

When the guy tossing out actual scribbles has more dynamic art than you, you know you're just letting yourself down.

So what would happen if you removed Ones limitation of fitting it on a manga panel and letting it be drawn for screen?
One page scroll man

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

need this translation

It's finally out!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/9b1570e2-d5e4-420c-8a0a-e350e8ad025d

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
What an amazing chapter… I only started following the webcomic a couple years ago, so I never followed it through a legitimately crucial story arc… everything about this one was fire! What a great way to end the year!

I love the manga, but right now I’m far more hyped for the next webcomic chapter…

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao at McCoy finally doing something right

admittedly it's to save his own drat skin but lol

kneelbeforezog posted:

So what would happen if you removed Ones limitation of fitting it on a manga panel and letting it be drawn for screen?
One page scroll man

you have no idea how much laziness that would unlock

it may be the source of ONE's power but there's such a thing as overindulgence

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws: http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=152

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
HOLY poo poo BOROS

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Yep, the other foot is finally dropping on all those cyber suits

skaianDestiny posted:

HOLY poo poo BOROS
:asoiaf:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it's finally loving happening order 66 initiated

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

holy poo poo that's a lot of chapter

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Crazy chapter, need the TL right now!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shugojin posted:

holy poo poo that's a lot of chapter

SMH, can't believe ONE stopped writing these when he started up with Bug Uno

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

jeesus that's packed

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

jeesus that's packed

the fact that ONE managed to cram so much into this one is nuts

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Glad the chapter ends on a positive note

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Translation out: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYHJU/150/1/

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Onepunch-man by ONE - I hosed Up

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I want to believe that Metal Knight still isn't working with these guys but he's so shady the association can't help but be made.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Regarding the battle suits: Mumen Rider :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I forgot Saitama is the only person who has ever seen Boros and got confused why Genos didn't recognize him.