Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

LordSaturn posted:

I bought Yomi on Steam, and it's pretty fun. Does anybody know what you have to do to unlock the second ten characters?

Pay 15$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

To be hones the main characters are interesting and varied enough that you don't need them if you are just starting.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Where, though? I don't see anything on the steam page about it.

Tekopo posted:

To be hones the main characters are interesting and varied enough that you don't need them if you are just starting.

Yeah but I wanna try 'em. Also it's kind of bullshit to play against a deck when I don't know what's in it or how it works.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

Yeah but I wanna try 'em. Also it's kind of bullshit to play against a deck when I don't know what's in it or how it works.
You need to add credits. You can go to 'Card Collection', click on expansion characters and there's an option to buy them. You can also see their cards there and even use the AI to play against them (Yomibot isn't actually bad and he plays to the matchups).

EDIT: Whoops you have to buy them from the store like below

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

LordSaturn posted:

There's a "store" button in the actual game. Yeah, it's kind of weird that you can't buy it through Steam.

Also, the Yomi wiki tells you exactly what every card in every deck does. It takes a while to memorize but you get the hang of it after a while. Spectating games and replays helps too.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

LordSaturn posted:

IIRC, it's a button in your card "library". I think.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

inthesto posted:

Also, the Yomi wiki tells you exactly what every card in every deck does. It takes a while to memorize but you get the hang of it after a while. Spectating games and replays helps too.

Every character also has an in-game list; Click either player's portraits in the upper corners of the screen and it'll display the character's power, and then click on that and it'll swap over to a complete list of all cards and powers. The formatting is pretty compressed but easy to understand, and it even has a thing at the bottom that tells you their 4 fastest attacks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

if anyone is interested in matches let me know

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Having it as IAP is a big goof in retrospect and I can't imagine whatever the normal way won't be implemented eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Ugh, not playing for so long has turned me into such a fraud. It feels like I've forgotten everything I ever knew about playing optimally, I just keep outplaying myself in stupid and convoluted ways.

• Locked thread