Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope this is a PS4/Xbone/PC game, so it can have both AH's really cool plane destruction and 6's gigantic battles.

Then add in 0's music and a campaign as long as 5's and make it the perfect game. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'd actually also prefer 4's style of cutscenes over the rendered ones of the more recent games, but there's a snowball's chance of that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Skwerl posted:

http://projectaces-newtitle.bngames.net/
The teaser just.......took a turn for the weird.
It'll be a crossover with dimensional travel between strangereal and the real world! :shepface:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
6 is awesome. The larger battles allowed by being on better hardware outweigh pretty much all the downsides in my opinion. Having dozens of allied units fighting on a map instead of like 10 tops in the PS2 games makes it feel so much more like an actual war.

Also it has the most fun unlockable superplane.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Am I the only person who doesn't care that much about plane variety? For the most part the only real difference between them was what secondary weapons they could carry. Like someone earlier in the thread said I'd really like a game where planes like the Vampire, Falken, and Morgan were baseline and things only got crazier from there.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 17, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I agree, I really want another game where you get 3 wingmen.

Ideally, at least one of them would have a dog copilot. Or pilot.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 19, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That would also explain why it's not AC7.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm totally down with US, Russian, and Chinese aerial battleships facing off while I blow away a squadron of PAK-FAs with the railguns on my Nosferatu. :getin:

I just hope it's not a F2P pvp multiplayer thing and has a real single player campaign.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Fallom posted:

Is it just me or are the non-ace pilots in AC:AH much harder to kill normally in order to encourage the use of DFM? It's been a while since I've played an Ace Combat game but I've loved all the previous ones and I don't recall them being this annoying.
The game actually tells you this in the tutorial when it introduces TGT_LEADs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Are there any F2P games that have a significant single-player campaign and aren't MMOs? I wonder how they plan to monetize it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Psion posted:

[*]plot wasn't AC6 levels of terrible
Wasn't AC6 pretty much just AC4 with some extraneous stuff added in cutscenes? I thought it was pretty funny how blatant it was myself.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
So it's got all the AC world storyline and superweapon tech but is set on Earth?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The more I hear, the better it sounds. Just don't make me pay too ridiculously much to unlock super planes, please. :ohdear:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

yellowcar posted:

This is Namco we're dealing with here, it's kinda assumed at this point. 10 dollar planes here we go!
That would be fine with me. Assuming the single player is at least as good as AC6 (not that high a bar) I would have gladly paid full price for the game, so as long as there's not 6 or more super planes I want to buy I come out ahead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
So how does Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation work?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He was talking about AC: Infinity, which so far seems to have none of those things. Which is why he was correcting Lightning Knight about it.

EDIT: Oh, I can see how you might have thought he was talking about AH.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 23, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well that certainly looks like an Ace Combat game. I am kind of disappointed that it doesn't look like they brought the battles from earlier games up to the scale of AC6 missions.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Dominic White posted:

It looks like the campaign stuff is going to be 100% free,
Yessss. That's all I care about. :toot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
After playing AC4-6 I thought to myself "Man I would love a game where the F22 is like the newbie plane and you quickly graduate into crazy poo poo like the Falken, Morrigan, and Nosferatu." Then I learned about what happened to Electrosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I remembered this existed last night and oh god I want the rest of the campaign right now. Especially if every mission is going to be like 4 and 5. The butterfly master fight was a far better than the original version. :f5:

• Locked thread