Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Episode 5 may have been my favorite so far. It was easy to guess where it was going as far as the overall mystery, but they kept the increasing complication unpredictable enough that it was still fun to watch.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Everything in the bed of the pickup truck towards the end was totally brilliant.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Episode 8: I really thought that Hachiken's titular "huge mistake" was going to be getting sick from raw milk.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

I can't decide if this or SxS is my favorite comedy of the season.

These are pretty much the only shows I'm watching now. SxS is a better comedy, but this is better at everything else.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This episode was pretty familiar to me, because it's all about show jumping and my mom is really into that. Hachiken needs to learn to not be so competitive all the time.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I like the triple-alarm-clock setup Hachiken had going on there.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Episode 6 - That was heavier than I expected. The other hospital patient going back to his book suddenly was a nice touch.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Well, if nothing else, Komaba has the "intimidating look at baserunner" thing down pat.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spoilers man.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

I think it's really neat that the show explores both extremes: it looks at how people in the agriculture world will watch their life fall apart and not really do anything about it, but on the other hand there's Hachiken who works so hard to achieve what no one else will that it puts him in the hospital.

I think the reason that this works is that neither Hachiken nor his friends feel like they're responding in a completely irrational way; they both have their reasons for feeling like they do.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I noticed that Komaba's mom drives a Mk. 1 Volkswagen GTI. She's got some taste.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

This arc just tears at your heart. :(

Also this.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This is my new favorite thing.

Anyway, I liked this episode. The way they moved the entire meeting with Mikage's family into a flashback in the second half was a bit odd, but it would have been hard to cover the rest of what happened otherwise, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Hachiken's mom seems nice enough. Good episode.

• Locked thread