Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
So far the first episode anime has been everything I'd hoped it would be. It was pretty much a shot for shot recreation of the manga, and is perfect in every way.

This one should be getting the amount of hype that Attack on Titan got, it's the superior work in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

Since the anime was announced, this was the storyline I wanted to see, and man did they do it justice.

This. There's one more storyline I'm looking forward to more than this one, but hell I'm looking forward to every drat episode so..

Edit: For those wondering, (manga spoilers) it's the fund Hachiken puts together to buy Pork Bowl and have him processed.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 2, 2013

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

The bit in this episode about eating the things we love made me think of The Eccentric Family and the dude who's all about eating the 'cutie patootie' Tanuki and the woman who wants to eat the main character.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Soaking corn still in the husk in a brine and then grilling it on a grill or over a campfire with the husk still on is awesome too.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Emalde posted:

New OP/ED are way better than S1's, excellent.

I dunno, I really though last season's ED was quite fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

just gut wrenching stuff that doesn't rely on contrivances

I was just thinking to myself during this episode, in any number of other shows Komaba's farm shutting down wouldn't have been treated as a lost cause. The protagonist and his friends would have teamed up and somehow raised the money to keep it running or some other outlandish thing. The fact that the story stays so grounded and actually allows something bad to happen to a major supporting character says a lot about the quality of the material in my opinion.

Edit: My bad, didn't even think about spoilers, fixed

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 7, 2014

• Locked thread