Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
It was censored in the manga, too. The manga also contains unblurred depictions of pigs getting butchered that are only slightly tamer, but this is probably the only time we'll actually see an animal killed on-camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
Most of the remaining chapters will require multi-episode arcs, though, so it'll be interesting to see how that's handled.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

Mikl posted:

Episode 6 - chapters 11 through 15, though skipping most of chapter 11 (minor spoiler regarding what was skipped, though it may come into play later: sports festival, their school versus the neighbouring industrial school) and cutting some minor things from the other chapters.

Episode 7 - chapters 16 through 18.

Episode 8 - chapters 19 through 21, and the first few pages of 22.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

Was this the last episode of the season? The ending was different enough to give me that impression though we did get a "To Be Continued" at the very end.

This is as good a place to break off as any. I heard somewhere the show was green-lit for a second season next fall.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
This week's episode was disappointing. It should have been much more dramatic, especially in the score, and they had to cut some significant bits from the original to fit it.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

This episode was pretty familiar to me, because it's all about show jumping and my mom is really into that. Hachiken needs to learn to not be so competitive all the time.

Yeah, but "competitive" is pretty much the defining trait of his upbringing up to now.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

Davincie posted:

How important are the horse bits going to keep being? I don't really care about horses.

There will be further references to horses, animals in general, and the theme of how farm animals lead pretty lovely lives when you think about it. But honestly, if you say you don't care about horses, then the only answers are (a) "Then this isn't the show for you", or (b) "You will".

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

Mikl posted:

e: Regarding the next episode (this is probably a spoiler for whoever doesn't read the manga, so read at your own risk), do we already know who's the voice actor for Hachiken's dad?

Mitsuru Fukikoshi

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Hachiken's Dad gives off a different impression to me, in the anime. Like in the manga I got the feeling he was basically the Undertaker, but in the anime he seems more ice cold and less like a frightening force of supernatural terror. Guess the addition of sound and color and less impressionistic background effects and whatnot puts him more in the context of the story, which isn't a bad change

Plus, y'know, we actually see his face moving.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
New ep's up.

Man, I was not looking forward to this arc. :ohdear:

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
Mikage certainly has confidence issues when dealing with stuff she's not familiar with, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
I don't like how this week's episode was structured. I can understand why the writers did it, mind; their only alternatives were front-loading the show by putting the heavy stuff right at the start, or breaking up the story arc such that the Mikage family meeting took up one whole episode. But it spoils one of the series' most important moments for people who haven't read the manga.

Anyway, one more episode (and one more screaming soliloquy from Hachiken) to go before we wrap up this arc and this season! With the manga still ongoing and a live-action movie coming out later this year, the franchise isn't going to lose name recognition any time soon, so here's hoping for a renewal.

• Locked thread