Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
That ending song is pretty much perfect for the overarching tenor of this show; I listen the whole way through every time because it's so upbeat. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh man, (ep6)the interaction between Hachiken and Mikage's father was fantastic. Looking forward to more of that.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
This show has been really great so far, and episode 7 has my only disappointment: Mikage's dad is not nearly as menacing as he is in the manga. Otherwise, stellar all around. :3:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
At this point I'm pretty sure Silver Spoon is my favorite show of the season trumping out Shingeki no Kyojin, and it might be my favorite show of the year. It's :3: incarnate, with an interesting story and characters with depth and motivations that are consistent and diverse. At times funny, informative, gut-wrenching, and thought-provoking, it's just all around enjoyable to watch. Hachiken is a fish out of water so it gives the other characters an excuse to bring up information to the viewer (like how pigs fight for dominance initially, or differences in farming methods), and his character flaws are believable and avoid being overly cliche. Seeing him struggle with and attempt to overcome obstacles both internal and external makes it easy to invest yourself in him as a character, and that holds true for a lot of other characters like Komaba and Mikage too.

Plus the ending theme song is absolutely amazingly chosen. How do you beat this for a farm anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZHK-Y6pa5Q

Flawless. :buddy:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

tonberrytoby posted:

Finally we get to the scene that catapulted this series from good to awesome in the manga version.
My greatest fear about the Anime was that they might change it to something more typically Anime.
But they didn't. Huraay. Time to eat some bacon in celebration.

:allears: I agree that this is one of the best parts of the series so far; they handled it pretty much flawlessly.

The bit with Hachiken's illicit sexual encounter was loving flawless too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
The scene with Hachiken and the Principal in this episode is a really good one, and really Hachiken as a character strikes me as very relatable in his struggle to find a goal to shoot towards. I also like the upperclassman expressing that it's fine to not have a big goal too; the insistence on a goal focused life is something Hachiken hasn't critically considered because external elements in his past (society, family, peer pressure) all made it clear that living a goal focused life was the whole point. He sees everyone else with dreams and goals when he first got to the school and never really questioned if it was okay for him to not have a dream; it was an automatic flaw to him that he didn't have a goal or dream.

Also I will never learn my lesson not to watch this show while hungry.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 21, 2013

• Locked thread