Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, the first episode carried out the sort of charm that makes me enjoy the manga. Glad to see it look so well, and I'm eagerly awaiting the progression of this series~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Pootybutt posted:

Sometimes, I feel like I should be more annoyed at certain characters than I am, like Beppu. His character is one, big, eternal fat joke, but I can only half-roll my eyes cuz it's somehow just constant and gentle enough that it never becomes grating. Some character's shallowness can be so through, it's almost like depth.
I just love how confidently and slyly he states "I am not very fond... of running."

Also, in the scene where Hachiken hands over his cell phone to Beppu, Beppu's hand is bigger than Hachiken's head.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This series is really good at capturing the stoic moments and the silly moments.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Grilled corn is the best way to eat corn on the cob.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
No, not the yakisoba :negative:

Mo_Steel posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure Silver Spoon is my favorite show of the season trumping out Shingeki no Kyojin, and it might be my favorite show of the year. It's :3: incarnate, with an interesting story and characters with depth and motivations that are consistent and diverse. At times funny, informative, gut-wrenching, and thought-provoking, it's just all around enjoyable to watch. Hachiken is a fish out of water so it gives the other characters an excuse to bring up information to the viewer (like how pigs fight for dominance initially, or differences in farming methods), and his character flaws are believable and avoid being overly cliche. Seeing him struggle with and attempt to overcome obstacles both internal and external makes it easy to invest yourself in him as a character, and that holds true for a lot of other characters like Komaba and Mikage too.

Plus the ending theme song is absolutely amazingly chosen. How do you beat this for a farm anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZHK-Y6pa5Q

Flawless. :buddy:
I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you said. Such a good series, and I'm usually one who's all about those action/shonen type series, like Shingeki no Kyojin, HunterxHunter, etc, but this series just captures me in such a great way.

And, yeah, I get so happy when the ending theme pops up at the end of the episode. :buddy: is more or less how I'd describe the song.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 6, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Perigryn posted:

The music video for the ending is even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5K5II52frQ

What a great episode this week...
That song is just great :3:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
They've discovered the portal to the meat dimension

This episode was really well done. Can't say it enough, this series rules.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I liked the part where Beppu was drinking Bepsi soda.
Also him emphatically refusing to run

Lots of other good parts in this episode, too. Too many to list.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mo_Steel posted:

The scene with Hachiken and the Principal
Please help me down.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Amstrad posted:

I dunno, I really though last season's ED was quite fitting.
I'm a big fan of the first ED, too, but new one is also pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Dang, this episode :smithicide:

• Locked thread