Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I've made a lot of homemade pizzas. Like everyone else has said, it's really easy. Making dough is easy too. I have a pizza stone that I use and the crust comes out really great. Regardless, I've never rolled the dough with a rolling pin. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea. I generally let it stretch over my hand and pull it into a semi-round shape.

I wish I could twirl it like the professionals do. That has to be the best way.

I will have to give gouda a try on my next homemade pizza. There is an Italian specialty shop down the street that sells everything you need from pre-made dough to their own sauce to their own cheese and pepperoni. Homemade from these ingredients is better than anything you can buy from any restaurant. What will ruin you is the frozen crap you bake.

This episode is the turning point for Hachiken, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Officer Sandvich posted:

That milking merry-go-round was rad. Do they use those in the States? I've visited a small dairy farm but they didn't have anything like that.
The USA isn't as backwater as you might think. We have been purchasing our milk directly from a local dairy -- raw. We have to write down our name and a contact phone number on a notebook with each gallon purchased. Its the law. I guess the dairy needs a way to contact us if there is a problem with the raw milk.

I don't believe the anime or manga gets into having the students drink raw milk from the on-campus dairy, but I would think that'd be a good thing to include in the story. I know Hachiken (extremely minor manga spoiler) "sneaks" a drink of raw milk directly from the barn while working at Aki's place during the summer break and really likes it.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

While going to a university for agriculture is a good way to learn -- I graduated from Va Tech, which had a decent agricultural program -- including a team of meat cutting instructors, missing fingers and all -- but there are other ways.

My son Woof'd it last year for 10-weeks. Since it's world-wide, you can even do this in Japan.

I'm thinking I might try a three-week Woof sometime in the next few years somewhere.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Aki's dropping the eraser when she heard about Hachiken's and Yoshino's relationship was awesome. Personally, I think Yoshino would have a thing for Hachiken herself if he wasn't so amenable to doing the bidding of others. I get the impression she wants to like him, but is afraid of that part of his nature.

• Locked thread