Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

Man, I hope no one goes into this show expecting a hyper-gratutious amount of man candy and comical levels of uncool dancing in the ED.

Anyway, more to the point, the first episode was pretty good! I was worried that a show like this might make for a terrible anime adaptation in the wrong hands, but the staff did a good job of bringing across the very nuts and boltsy depiction of how the school works. Hachiken's neuroses were portrayed pretty well too with maybe the exception being that chicken anus joke felt like it went on forevvvver. But then again, the payoff at the end of the episode was good, so I can't complain too much

Also, it's quite clear that the staff knows what's up, given the fact that they seem to recognize Tamako as the best character :kamina:

stuff about characterisation and storytelling using vague spoilers for the manga: The anus and egg stuff went on at a similar pace in the manga, and it was important that it was shown to be such a big deal for Hachiken because it's also his big turning point in realizing the value of fresh livestock/produce and realizing, along with the labour earlier in the day, what putting in the elbow grease and time and care can get you. That lesson plays a massive role in his later behaviour like the pizza and the bacon and the cheese and all that other stuff. If it weren't for this egg stuff he would never grow to his later food antics, and if it weren't for the pacing of the egg stuff it wouldn't hold the weight it does for him to come to the conclusions he does about food and farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread