Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dan7el posted:

I've made a lot of homemade pizzas. Like everyone else has said, it's really easy. Making dough is easy too. I have a pizza stone that I use and the crust comes out really great. Regardless, I've never rolled the dough with a rolling pin. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea. I generally let it stretch over my hand and pull it into a semi-round shape.

I wish I could twirl it like the professionals do. That has to be the best way.

I will have to give gouda a try on my next homemade pizza. There is an Italian specialty shop down the street that sells everything you need from pre-made dough to their own sauce to their own cheese and pepperoni. Homemade from these ingredients is better than anything you can buy from any restaurant. What will ruin you is the frozen crap you bake.

This episode is the turning point for Hachiken, in my opinion.

While rolling with a pin is not as traditional there is nothing wrong with it, it just tends to get you a somewhat thicker crust and can be appropriate depending on the composition of the dough, with a high gluten dough throwing is better because it gets you a very thin, crisp crust and that is the whole point of a high gluten crust. But if you want a softer, more bread like crust rolling can work well because there is less chance of having the dough tear, and a low gluten crust is much more likely to tear.

Also, throwing is easy, I got it down in about half an hour of practice, just have some spare dough to make your pizza with in case you end up with it on the floor. Gouda should work well, especially a nice young gouda. Asparagus is a fine ingredient also, and goes nicely with the bacon.

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ViggyNash posted:

Isn't a live action movie in the works? I think Silver Spoon is plenty popular in Japan.

The manga is very popular, so popular that the anime did not boost manga sales very much, and that is a big part of why they made the anime in the first place. The disk sales are also lackluster from what I understand, so unfortunately another season looks rather unlikely. :(

• Locked thread