Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New episode!

I liked that it wasn't just a misunderstanding on Hachiken's part - the Holstein Club seniors really were that creepy.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit more - the comedy worked a bit better for me, and I didn't get quite so much of the creeping sensation that this was aimed at someone significantly younger than me (yes, I get that it's shonen, so that is literally the case, but Episode 1 gave me more of that sensation than shows of its ilk usually do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

House Louse posted:

They're not creepy though, just enthusiastic about animal husbandry?

Those guys made the episode for me; sometimes it seemed a bit faithful and déja vu-ish, but bits like that made it good.

Given that even the other (equally enthusiastic) students are creeped out by them, and the "Who needs a human girlfriend?" bit...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

House Louse posted:

Animal husbandry :ssh:

Well, yes, but most folks don't take it so literally.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wakashi posted:

Learning about japanese agriculture (and the things that surrounds them) never was so fun. I wish Hachiken and Pork Bowl share good memories before one of them turns into bacon.

After which, I presume, they will share one final, delicious memory.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mmm... pizza.

Real fun seeing the cast put that one together, and it was nice to see that Hachiken's first big triumph wasn't derailed by PLOT or something (which I was slightly concerned about when his old teacher showed up, among other things).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I couldn't wait and tried it with my current sub-par ingredients and it tasted pretty darn good. A step up from mozzarella for sure in my opinion. But it was pricy so the next one will wait until I get some good stuff from the farmers market.

I hope there are more episodes like this later. It was a lot of fun and a good idea overall. I still wonder why the cheese room was a big secret.

Because Riding Buddha wanted all that cheese to himself. Between that and the gambling, dude's got a pretty addictive personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Hell yes. With lemon juice and parmesan.

Now I have to try it with soy sauce.

Ah, so the brown liquid was actually soy sauce? Well, guess that's something to add to my schedule.

• Locked thread